We Take The Worry Out Of Estate Planning And Administration
Whether you wish to create a unique estate plan that suits your personal needs or you must administer your loved one’s estate, you need the guidance of a caring lawyer. Jill Shipman-DeHardt, the co-founding attorney of Shipman & DeHardt, P.C., has nearly 30 years of legal experience and focuses on estate planning and probate issues.
She assists Missouri residents in estate administration and creating the estate-planning documents they need, including:
- Living wills
- Powers of attorney
- Health care powers of attorney
- Probate and probate litigation
She will provide you with personal attention every step of the way. Together, our firm can address the unique needs of your estate or the estate of your deceased loved one.
Do I Really Need To Make An Estate Plan?
Every adult should have an up-to-date estate plan. Why?
- Leave your assets to the right beneficiaries: With an estate plan is in place, you can ensure that you leave your assets to the beneficiaries you prefer. Without a will and other documents, a probate court may distribute your property to parties you would not have chosen.
- Make it easier on your family: Your family will have to scramble to pick up the pieces of your estate and cope with the probate process if you pass away without an estate plan. An estate plan is a crucial road map to guide your family after your death.
- Avoid probate and taxes: Preserving your assets from estate taxes and probate is one of the major benefits of an estate plan. Our firm can help ensure that you protect your finances so your loved ones inherit as much of your estate as possible.
Get Personal Guidance From An Estate Lawyer
At our firm’s office in Lee’s Summit, we can discuss your needs in greater detail. Jill is happy to provide the guidance and personal attention that you require. To schedule a consultation, call (816) 287-1223 or send the law firm an email.